Work with us
We're always hiring good people. If you are a good fit, we'll find a way to make a position open for you!
About the Farm
The Farm on Central is an 8-acre startup urban farm located in Southwest Ohio. We produce vegetables, flowers, mushrooms, fruits, and horticulture greenhouse products. We have a heavy emphasis on community with lots of farm activities and events including our annual sunflower field. The Farm on Central is also an educational center and trial farm with its sister company Growing Farmers being located onsite.
The farm grows for our year-round on-farm retail store located on a 12,000 car a day road, home delivery service, and wholesale to other farms.
We believe that farming can be regenerative and profitable, that setting up your team for success with the right tools, systems, and processes will pay off in great efficiency, worker morale, and true sustainability. We believe that our people are our most important asset and are a part of our farm community.
Currently, we are hiring for kitchen and general production help. This part to full time position would be helping with harvest, washing, packing, processing, recipe testing, product prepping into the Dayton/Cincinnati area.
This would be a 10-40 hour a week job, which at minimum would just process and invent new delicious things in the kitchen, and at maximum, would split time between the kitchen and the farm. We pay competitively, and provide great farm based benefits!
- Able to work within a dynamic, fluid, fast-paced environment
- Long term commitment to the project
- kitchen experience and loves to cook
- Pass background check
Cleanish driving record
- Passion and interest in working/learning about small-scale, low-input, sustainable vegetable, flower, and herb production
- Self-starter, self-disciplined, goal orientated
- Comfortable working in a high profile environment with regular filming being done for educational purposes
- Comfortable with kids and a family working environment
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Be in good physical condition, work in all weather conditions, and able to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to work in a potentially challenging environment and be adaptable
- Have transportation and be punctual
- Energetic nature and willing to have fun
- Attention to detail, experience building efficient systems, and record-keeping
- Outstanding communication (oral) skills; share and accept feedback in a team environment